There's a Tesla flying in space, and most of us still don't use technology to the fullest. Online education gives unlimited possibilities for cheaper and high-quality knowledge and professional growth to anyone with internet access. So, what's trending in online education and how do you get the most benefit out of it?
Plan your time right
Video lessons and remote classes bring the freedom of choice. You can study whenever you want but this could also become a mess if you don't manage it properly. It was said a thousand times before, but time management is crucial not only for effective work but also for you to have enough time to relax and give your body and mind some rest. Let's check some good tools that can save your time. Get things in order in four easy steps:
1. Craft the schedule. Task managers are your best friends in planning. You may think that you have it all under control but be kind to yourself. You don't have to keep all this data in mind. Plus, when you see the whole picture for the day/week/month, it is easier to set priorities.
2. Concentrate. Timers are essential for those who tend to procrastinate. Try Pomodoro technique and any task will not seem so scary to start.
3. Use time trackers. Not only it will keep all of your tasks in order but will track the time spent on each activity. This is how you find the most suitable and effective time to work.
4. Block the buzz. Another reason to install one of those apps that block social media or any other websites that are time killers for you. That may be the last resort but sometimes you just need to tame yourself and eliminate distraction. 5. Find a study buddy. If the professor didn’t plan for your class to study in groups it doesn’t mean that it's restricted. Moreover, it will bring a good outcome. Get yourself a study partner in class. You can split the amount of work and do it faster. And remember that great ideas can be born in an intelligent debate.
6. Mix thing up and get a better result. Don't stick to one way of learning, combine tools and techniques. The curve of forgetting concept states that you remember 80% of new information only if you revise the material within 24 hours, and 100% if you will do it again in a week. Try to connect this concept with changing ways of practice. Learn to use new information in different ways: mind mapping, discussion with a partner, writing a short essay, etc. Make your knowledge flexible and strong, you have all the opportunities.
The idea of online education is to make it convenient and accessible to anyone. And as this industry is developing and growing, now you can find a lot of free courses and lectures on the web. Use them to become a real pro.